Monday, July 11, 2016

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5)

Title: Fairest

Author: Marissa Meyer

Pages: 220 pages (hardcover)

Synopsis: "In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series." - Goodreads

Sorry everyone! I forgot I reviewed this and forgot to schedule it! Here is a very late review of Fairest!

The long awaited review for a book I finished over a month ago. I felt like this book was really interesting and allowed the reader to understand why Levana is the way she is, but with that being said, is like to add that I believe that this could have been an entire book and not just a novella.

I think that this book was a little rushed through and didn't flesh out enough of the story to be to its full potential. I really enjoyed reading it and I read it really quickly, but I found myself thinking more should be covered in this story or more could have been covered.

Again, though I understand why Queen Levana is the way she is, I still don't understand how people feel sorry for her. She goes through traumatic experiences, but it doesn't change the choices she makes. I think that this story just opens up a story arc that could have been explained much more in it's own book. I think this book was created to "please" the fans before the release of Winter, but it's still worth the read if you like the series.


Have you read Fairest? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment