Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses By Sarah J. Maas




Title: A Court Of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Page Count: 416 pages
Publishing: Bloomsbury
Synopsis: "When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it... or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!" -Goodreads

My rating: 5/5 stars

Going into ACOTAR, I was expecting to either be mildly disappointed or siting on the fence. I honestly wasn't won over in those beginning chapters because I had already set the bar high and it felt like nothing was happening. My initial reaction was, "wait one second. Why have they not taken her yet??" *not a spoiler I swear*

What I was unaware of at the time, was that I was falling madly in love with if. I honestly don't know why I was so surprised that I finished the book the day after I started it. I read the first 9 chapters in one sitting, only to stop reading when I realized I had MISSED the season finale of SUPERNATURAL for it. (Okay maybe I lied about the day after thing because I refused to read the book for at least a day for making me miss it.)

I fell in love with the world that Sarah J. Maas created, and don't let that be taken lightly. This series is like gold compared to the world of the throne of glass series. I find the courts to be so interesting, and I feel like each court brings their own fresh atmosphere to the story. I could clearly imagine this world. Each smell, taste, and fear was so vividly created in my head.

To make this book even better is how much I LOVE FEYRE. She is so badass, and I think it's about time that there is a character who fights for what she wants and cares about more than herself too. Feyre is a balance. She fights for her family and everyone around her, but this doesn't stop her from making herself happy too and that is the best message.

I also fell in love with each side character that was introduced. I found myself wanting to learn more about them just as much as I wanted to learn about Feyre and her story. Every time something new was revealed about the other characters, I found myself falling more in love with each small detail and hanging onto every word.

PLUS THIS IS NEW ADULT. I cannot describe how refreshing it is to have a character MY AGE.

This book was flawlesssss, (in my opinion) and I cannot wait to read ACOMAF!


Have you read ACOTAR? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment