Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Favorite Books Outside Your Comfort Zone // Top Five Wednesday


Top Five Wednesday is a weekly meme that was created by Lainey but is now hosted by Sam. The goodreads group houses all the topics and such. The Topic for this week is, my top five favorite books I've read that have been out of my comfort zone.

1.) The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

I don't usually like chick-lit, basically no plot romances, but this one owns my heart. I love these characters and the romance is super cute.


2.) Angelfall by Susan Ee

I don't usually like angel books or dystopian novels. They tend to be kind of boring to me, but this one kicked ass. The series is really action packed and seriously dark for a YA novel.



3.) Marley & Me by John Grogan (review)

Typically, I really dislike reading non-fiction books. I find them boring, but there have been two exceptions to some of the books I've read. I'll be mentioning the one that broke me the most though.


4.) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (review)

Simple truth: I dislike vampire books. I've burnt myself out on books about vampires because I read so many after I read Twilight. I just found them to be washed out copycats to get sales, but this book in particular was amazing. I honestly don't know why I couldn't find vampire books like this in middle school??


5.) Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix (review)

I don't know what to say other than most Adult books I read don't really impress me, and I also tend to dislike reading horror books because they don't really appeal to me. This one actually appealed to me so much that my boyfriend bought it for me after hearing me go on for months. Please read it.


What have been some of your favorite out of your comfort zone reads? I love being surprised by books that I'm not 100% on!





No comments:

Post a Comment