Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Reading Wrap Up: March 2016

Hello to a VERY late monthly wrap up!

Total Books: 9 (HELLA GOOD READING MONTH THOUGH)

Physical Books: 8
Ebooks: 0
Audiobooks:1

Books for review: 0
Books for pleasure: 9
Books for school: 0

TBR Challenges:
Listen to an Audiobook: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (finally after such a long time!)
Catch up/finish a series: {???}

Buddy Read:
I read Extermely Loud and Incredibly Close with Sierra. This book started out strong, but quickly became a pain in my butt. I hated this book, and if we are being honest, neither of us enjoyed it. We ended up DNFing it. I'm still counting it towards my Goodread's goal because I did read over half of it. I have come to realize that I just don't like adult books that are told in the POV of a child. I plan on giving Room a chance, but I will be borrowing it from the library.

Books for pleasure:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (FINALLY) 4/5 Stars
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater 5/5 stars
This Book Loves You by Pewdiepie 4/5 stars
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer 1/5 stars
Marley and Me by John Grogan 5/5 stars
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Bosh 4/5 stars
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout 3/5 stars
The Walking Dead Vol. 5 by Robert Kirkman 4/5 stars
The Walking Dead Vol. 6 by Robert Kirkman 4/5 stars

Books for review:

Favorite book:

I have two favorites for this month, and I refuse to pick one over the other because they are both really amazing books. My two favorites are... drum roll please... Marley & Me and The Dream Thieves! Is The Dream Thieves any surprise? The Raven Cycle is one of my favorite series of all time. I am so in love with it that I have started to hold it higher than The Hunger Games, which is my favorite series of all time, so it is a very big deal for me. I did a 30 minute book talk for my channel, that I have yet to edit because I hate editing so much, that will be posted at some point and I also plan on doing a book review for just my blog as well.

My second favorite book of this month was Marely and Me by John Grogan. This book was so heartbreaking. I honestly don't think I could talk about this book again without actually starting to cry because it took my soul away. I did write a review for this one, but I submitted it for my school newspaper. I will leave a link to it here if you want to see it, but I also plan on transferring the review to my blog. I am really proud of how it came out.

Least favorite book:

My least favorite book of the month was easily Extermely Loud and Incredibly Close. This book was just not for me. It was one of the only books that I have DNF'ed in a long time. I just couldn't see a reason for me to continue reading. I wasn't interested in what happened, and I truly thought the story was just unrealistic. I ended up deciding to stop reading, so I spoiled myself and realized I would have been angry at myself if I finished it because I thought the ending was stupid and a waste of time.

What did you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment