Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: Losing it by Cora Carmack (Losing It #1)

Title: Losing It 

Author: Cora Carmack

Page Count: 189 (ebook)

Publishing: HarperCollins

My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Synopsis: "Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier." -Goodreads

I've been wanting to read this book for a while now, but could never bring myself to pay eleven dollars for it from Amazon. When I finally got the ebook, I flew through it. I was surprised how quickly I read through this book, and in the beginning I really enjoyed it. I like how this is a change from what I normally read. It was refreshing in that sense, but I did have a few problems with it.

After finishing this book, I have to say that these characters fell flat for me and were not very memorable at all. The only character that I really loved was Cade. He was so sweet, and I felt so attached to his sweet personality. I felt like the plot was a little predictable, and when the author was trying to shock the readers with certain scenes they seemed kind of blain. I felt like the love scenes were way too overdone and unrealistic. I think that if the author would have stopped trying to make them so detailed then they would have followed much better.

This was a quick and fun read, but I won't be continuing with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment