Monday, September 26, 2016

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #2)

Title: The Dream Thieves

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Pages: 347 (hardcover)

Synopsis: "If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?

Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.

One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.

And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.

Ronan is one of the raven boys—a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface—changing everything in its wake.

Of The Raven BoysEntertainment Weekly wrote, "Maggie Stiefvater's can't-put-it-down paranormal adventure will leave you clamoring for book two." Now the second book is here, with the same wild imagination, dark romance, and heart-stopping twists that only Maggie Stiefvater can conjure." -Goodreads
I don't know how to even review these books anymore. I've been putting off doing this review for literally months because I've been so scared that it wouldn't make any sense, but I've finally just realized that it doesn't matter. My reviews of the Raven cycle are for me to look back on when I get to my reread. So first of all, this is my favorite in the series at the moment.

How do I even express how much I love these characters? I think everyone will get use to me just talking about how they feel like my family. They came to life on a page, and I connected to them in a way that I never have before. Each character has a place in my heart, just for them.

Noah, you take most of it, but you do sometimes share.

Gansey, you bring out all my adventure and make me want to do more with my life.

Adam, you piss me off, but you are still one of my little Raven boys.

Blue, your sass and moments of realization pull me further into the story than I already am.

Ronan... My little Ronan, who quickly pushed himself to the top of my list. You, though are not Noah, are so close to being my favorite that it physically scares me. In this book you honestly won me over. In book one, you didn't really cross my mind as one of my top Raven Boys but after living this book with you, I couldn't forget you.

The one thing that I will forever praise Maggie on is her characters. I have grown to love them more and more with each installment.

It took me a while to read just because Maggie's writing style is so beautiful and whimsical. I can't count the number of post it notes that are inside my copy of this book. I will never be able to say a bad thing about any of these books or any of the characters.

This book was much slower than the first, but I thought it was so beautifully written. The atmosphere was magical and whimsical, and I found myself lost in the world the whole time.



Who is your favorite character from The Raven Cycle?



No comments:

Post a Comment