Saturday, June 4, 2016

May 2016 | Book Haul

My guiltiest pleasure is buying books, and I don't think that I am alone in that. Today, I will share with you the books that caught my eye this month.


With another month, comes another 30 days of book buying! I find that sometimes I buy more books than I had expected to buy. Before leaving for vacation I had only bought/received 6 books, but after one day of being away, with a bookstore calling to me, I walked away with another 6.


New Releases:


I was so glad that I got my hands on this book. I pre-ordered this book back in March, which is pretty rare because I don't normally pre-order any books. I was so excited about the fact that Morgan Matson was releasing a book that I didn't really know what the book was about before I added it to my cart and checked out.

○ The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Vacation Purchases:


I love Books-a-Million! Sadly, I don't live close to one by any means. The closest one away is around two and a half hours away from my hometown. I always love hitting up the discount section because I can always find some great steals when I'm there. This trip was no exception.

 ○ The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

○ Lord of the Files by William Golding

○ Compulsion by Martina Boone

○ Going Bovine by Libba Bray

○ The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

○ Ugly Love by Collen Hoover

Other:


These were my two random picks for this month. I bought these on a whim while randomly searching through a discounted section in my local bookstore and walmart. I do plan on buddy reading "Dairy of a Haunting" with one of my best IRL friends Courtney very soon!

○ Dairy of a Haunting by M. Verano
○ The Way I Use to Be by Amber Smith



A girl that I use to go to school with posted a Facebook status about selling some of her old books. I immediately signed myself up for that and searched her photos of the books she was selling. These are the books that I was lucky enough to get my hands on for only $2.50!!

○ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

○ Ana's Story by Jenna Bush

○ The Blind Side by Michael Lewis

Have you read any of these books? If so, what did you think of them?

4 comments :

  1. I almost bought the Unexpected Everything yesterday but decided against it for some reason! It looks like a great summer read and I definitely need to get to it soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it with Sierra last month, and I really enjoyed it. I had some issues with it, but they were things I could look over. I think it's worth the read, especially if you like Morgan Matson's books! I'll have a review up for it in a few weeks (:

      Delete
  2. Ugly Love!!! <3 You have to tell me what you think after you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to worry about that! I'm so excited to read it.

      Delete