Saturday, June 4, 2016

May 2016 | Book Haul

My guiltiest pleasure is buying books, and I don't think that I am alone in that. Today, I will share with you the books that caught my eye this month.


With another month, comes another 30 days of book buying! I find that sometimes I buy more books than I had expected to buy. Before leaving for vacation I had only bought/received 6 books, but after one day of being away, with a bookstore calling to me, I walked away with another 6.


New Releases:


I was so glad that I got my hands on this book. I pre-ordered this book back in March, which is pretty rare because I don't normally pre-order any books. I was so excited about the fact that Morgan Matson was releasing a book that I didn't really know what the book was about before I added it to my cart and checked out.

 The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Vacation Purchases:


I love Books-a-Million! Sadly, I don't live close to one by any means. The closest one away is around two and a half hours away from my hometown. I always love hitting up the discount section because I can always find some great steals when I'm there. This trip was no exception.

 ○ The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

○ Lord of the Files by William Golding

 Compulsion by Martina Boone

○ Going Bovine by Libba Bray

○ The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

 Ugly Love by Collen Hoover

Other:


These were my two random picks for this month. I bought these on a whim while randomly searching through a discounted section in my local bookstore and walmart. I do plan on buddy reading "Dairy of a Haunting" with one of my best IRL friends Courtney very soon!

 Dairy of a Haunting by M. Verano
 The Way I Use to Be by Amber Smith



A girl that I use to go to school with posted a Facebook status about selling some of her old books. I immediately signed myself up for that and searched her photos of the books she was selling. These are the books that I was lucky enough to get my hands on for only $2.50!!

 Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

 Ana's Story by Jenna Bush

 The Blind Side by Michael Lewis

Have you read any of these books? If so, what did you think of them?

4 comments :

  1. I almost bought the Unexpected Everything yesterday but decided against it for some reason! It looks like a great summer read and I definitely need to get to it soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it with Sierra last month, and I really enjoyed it. I had some issues with it, but they were things I could look over. I think it's worth the read, especially if you like Morgan Matson's books! I'll have a review up for it in a few weeks (:

      Delete
  2. Ugly Love!!! <3 You have to tell me what you think after you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to worry about that! I'm so excited to read it.

      Delete