Monday, February 8, 2016

The Moth in the Mirror by A.G. Howard (Splintered #1.5)

Title: The Moth in the Mirror

Author: A.G. Howard

Page Count: 40 (kindle/ebook)

Publishing: Amulet Books

My Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Synopsis: "An original ebook-only novella in the Splintered series, told from the points of view of both Jeb and Morpheus. Morpheus wants to know more about his rival for Alyssa's affections, so he digs into Jeb's memories of his time in Wonderland. But he may be surprised by what he finds. 

This brand-new story and perspective from A.G. Howard's dark, magical world stands alone, but also provides a tantalizing glimpse of what's to come in Unhinged, the sequel to Splintered." -Goodreads

Writing this review made me want to re-read the Splintered trilogy so I could have copies of my reviews since I didn't write them the first time I read them, but I don't think that will happen in the next year. For now, this will do.

I enjoyed seeing the things that happened while not with Alyssa, but honestly Jeb is a combination of annoying & a bore. I wish there would have been more Morpheus, but I'm not sure how that could have happened since we had to relive the memories Jeb had. I wish he wasn't even a part of this love triangle. I feel like it is only thrown in to add some drama to the story line. I love A.G. Howard's writing, but I feel like it's always a little hard to get into. I felt like this novella wasn't really essential in reading this series, but it was fun and it made me excited to read the final installment in the Splintered Trilogy.

For the novella itself, there wasn't much of a plot other than Morpheus attempting to reveal hidden information to use against Jeb. Like I said, enjoyable and fun, but not near as good as the actual series.

2 comments :

  1. I could never get into this series. I tried to read the first book but I just couldn't get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, but I admit the last one has been causing me a lot of trouble. I am not enjoying it nearly as much as I did the first two.

      Delete