Thursday, December 24, 2015

2016 Reading Goals

Hello everyone!

I know last year I did not set many reading goals for myself, and even though I did read 50 books like I wanted I didn't do as much as I would have liked. I am going to break up the reading goals into five different sections and then talk about them a little bit.

Reading Goals:
  • I want to read 75 books in 2016.
  • I want to finish/catch up on 10 series in 2016.
  • I want to start 5 new series in 2016 that I've been meaning to get around to.
  • Read 300 pages a week.
In 2015 I wanted to read 50 books. I met this goal, but I feel like I really didn't read anything. I think increasing the number of books I want to read will help me stay out of reading slumps, and stay active in the book blogging community. I think that making myself stay dedicated to specific goals will allow me to look at the books I want to read, and enjoy more things. I know that I read a lot of stand-alones, but recently I have been craving a series or something that would allow me to become attached to characters.


Book Series to Start:

  1. The Grisha Trilogy
  2. Mara Dyer Trilogy
  3. Anna Dressed in Blood Series
  4. Throne of Glass Series
  5. The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea Duology

Each book series on this list have caught my eye in the last year, but I have never been able to either allow myself to buy the books or have been motivated to pick up the books. Now I have no excuse. I have waited too long, and it is time to dive into these worlds. Plus, I have already bought the first book in the Mara Dyer trilogy.

Book Series to Finish:
  1. Harry Potter (3 books unread)
  2. The Precious Stone Trilogy (2 books unread)
  3. The Splintered Trilogy (1 book unread)
  4. To All The Boys I've Loved Before duology (1 book unread)
  5. The Selection Trilogy (1 book unread)
  6. The Raven Cycle (3 books unread)
  7. Lux Series (3 books unread)
  8. To be determined
  9. To be determined
  10. To be determined
*I can update this one when my bookshelves are back together, and I can see all of my books.

Book Bucket-List:
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  • Life and Death by Stephanie Meyer
  • Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (probably all of her books though let's be real)
  • Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • Anglefall by Susan EE
  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gamian
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness


Book-Blogging Goals:

In the future I want to post twice a week at least. I will upload on Monday's and Wednesday, but that could change once I start back with classes.

  • Review 50% of books that I read.
  • Have reviews for authors done within a month of accepting their novel. 
  • Get creative with content.

1 comment :

  1. Great goals! You definitely need to finish Harry Potter and Lux as well as start Angefall. Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete