Monday, October 10, 2016

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #3)

Title: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Pages: 391 (hardcover)

Synopsis: "There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up. 

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel." -Goodreads


First of all, I would like to note that this is easily my least favorite of the series thus far, but it was still amazing.

I will not continue to repeat myself on how much I love these characters, but I do have some notable things I'd like to mention:

• Adam's character changes a lot. He really came full circle, and he honestly made me change my mind about not liking him. He actually made me consider moving him closer to the top of my list of Raven boys.

• Ronan & Adam. I don't know if this is canon in book four, but I need them together. They literally own my entire heart. The dynamic between them is so beautifully crafted, and I can feel the slow burn of their romance.

• There was not enough Noah. This was not okay. We all know that Noah is my baby, and I need as much of him as possible.

I like how in this installment we finally start to address some of the issues that have been building since book one. I like how we kind of address how the ley lines are affecting Noah, and how we address the other mysterious that are going on in the background.

As much as I love Maggie, I hate how she kills off her characters. She makes you grow so attached to them and then just takes them away from you. I love that she can make me so emotionally invested and then break my heart, but I don't appreciate the misery it causes.

Really my only complaint ever for this series is that I'm never sure what the plot is. I know the large, overall plot for the series, but I always find it hard to pinpoint the exact goal of each installments.

Please read it, thanks.



What was your favorite part of Blue Lily?



No comments:

Post a Comment